Credit Report Day
Location: Main Library - meeting room (4)
Audience: Adults, Teens, Seniors
Money Smart Week
Join us in our effort to create a money-smart community. The following events are sponsored by CA$H Greater Portland at United Way of Greater Portland, KeyBank and the Portland Public Library. Please call 207-871-1700, ext. 725 for further information.
Credit Report Day, Friday, April 11 12pm- 3pm, Lower Level Meeting Rooms #2, #3 and #4
When was the last time you looked at your credit report? Your credit history (bill payments, credit card and loan debt) can impact your ability to make future purchases, qualify for employment, utilities and housing. Join us to review your free credit report and discover strategies to build good credit. Once you have your credit report, learn how you can multiply your savings with a Maine Family Development Account. Call 207-871-1700, ext. 725 to make your appointment. Walk-ins welcome upon availability.
While you’re here, drop in on an informative Money Smart workshop:
Expert Panel: Income and Your Credit, Friday April 11 12:15pm-12:45pm, Lower Level Meeting Room #4
- A banker’s perspective: become a money management expert
- A job recruiter’s perspective: build your money management resume
- A business’s perspective: create a solid money management business plan
To Your Credit, Friday April 11 1:30pm-2pm, Lower Level Meeting Room #4
- Understand Your credit report
- Order and read your credit report
- Tips to improve your credit score
- Recognize credit repair scams
Charge It Right Friday April 11 3pm-4pm, Lower Level Meeting Room #4
- Understand credit card basics
- Know the costs of using a credit card
- Describe how to use credit cards responsibly
- Recognize why it’s important to pay more than the minimum payment
Credit Smart for Teens 3pm-3:30pm, Teen Lounge
- Know basic credit card terms and definitions
- Understand your credit rating and how it affects your interest rate
- How to maintain good credit
- The basics of a spending plan
CA$H Greater Portland is a program of United Way of Greater Portland and the Greater Portland CA$H Coalition: AARP Tax-Aide, Casco Federal Credit Union, CEI, Community Financial Literacy, Goodwill Industries of NNE, Gorham Savings Bank, Internal Revenue Service (IRS), KeyBank, Pine Tree Legal Assistance, Portland Housing Authority, and Women, Work and Community. For more information visit www.cashgp.org.
Money Smart Week® is a public awareness campaign, created by the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago in 2002, designed to help consumers better manage their personal finances.