The Portland Room will proctor student exams at no charge. Because tests have differing proctoring requirements, the student should clearly understand prior to scheduling both their test’s guidelines and the Library’s protocols to decide whether the Library is the correct “fit” for their needs.
To schedule a proctoring session, contact the Portland Room staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 207-871-1700 x747:
- Request proctoring in writing (letter or email) at least one (1) week and no earlier than four (4) weeks before the test date.
- Include in your request: your name, the course name and number, exam time limit and whether your exam is online or in print.
- Sessions can take place Monday-Friday at the Main Library location only during regular library hours [link to library hours]. All tests must be completed 30 minutes before closing.
- For web-based tests, we do not have public computers available, so you must bring your own wireless-capable computer or device. We also cannot guarantee uninterrupted Internet access.
- Proctoring sessions may not be longer than 4 hours.
- The library must receive the test at least 3 days before the test date.
- We accept web-based tests or paper-based tests sent by postal mail or email. We cannot accept tests via fax or brought in by students. Our email address is email@example.com and our mailing address is:
Portland Public Library
Attn: Portland Room
5 Monument Square
Portland, ME 04101