Welcome to PPL To Go! We are happy to see you!
Reserve a timeslot to pick up your Holds after you receive notice that they are ready.
Make an appointment using our new reservation system, or by calling Lending at
871-1700 ext. 730, or Reference at ext. 725, Monday – Friday, between 10:00-4:00.
Or email email@example.com
All pickups are being done with our new PPL To Go service at all locations. This is a
no-contact pickup service by appointment only.
For the safety of our staff and the community, we do require face masks and social distancing at all times.
MaineCat requesting from libraries outside PPL is now available!!
Please be aware that quarantining of materials will cause some delays in the process so your MaineCat requests may not arrive as quickly as they did previously.
Special hours for PPL To Go:
Main Library, 5 Monument Square: Mon – Fri, 11:00 am – 4:00 pm
The first few parking spots along Elm Street are reserved for PPL To Go
Riverton Branch, 1600 Forest Avenue:
Mon & Sat, 10:00 am – 1:00 pm; Wed & Fri, 3:00 – 6:00 pm
Burbank Branch, 377 Stevens Avenue:
Tues, Wed & Thurs, 3:00 – 6:00 pm; Fri & Sat, 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
Peaks Branch, 129 Island Avenue: Tues, 2:00 – 6:00 pm & Fri, 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
Until the Library re-opens, we will continue this PPL To Go service. The process of placing new holds remains the same as it always has been, but pickups will be done by appointment only. Please do not make an appointment until after you receive notice that your hold is ready — under current conditions, it may sometimes take a little longer than usual for your requests to get filled.
Rules of Service when you arrive to pickup at PPL To Go:
- Branches: If there is no line, walk up to the door and ring the bell or call your branch phone number when you arrive and let us know you are here.
- Downtown: Wait in line or walk up to the Congress Street sliding door.
- If there is a line, please wait at one of our orange cones, placed 6 feet apart for safety.
- Face coverings are REQUIRED in order to approach Library staff or the service table.
- Have your library card or ID ready and place it on the service table.
- Please step back 6 feet while we assist you.
- We will check your ID and then retrieve your items and place them on the table.
We are accepting returns only via the book drops at each location. All bookdrops except Reiche are open.
- For MaineCat or ILL materials and oversize books, please put them into a clean plastic bag and tie it closed to avoid damage.
New! PPL Printing To Go:
- How it Works
- Pickup at the Downtown Location Only:
- Send the file you would like printed to this email address with the subject PRINT: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Staff will respond in a separate email to confirm that your file is compatible and to let you know when it will be available for pickup.
- Come to the Congress Street entrance of the downtown library between 11:00 am – 4:00 pm, give us your name and email address, and retrieve your project. You do not need an appointment for this.
- Please limit your request to one print job per day, up to 10 single sided pages.
- There is currently no fee for this printing service.
- Call the Reference Desk at 207-871-1700 extension 725 for more information.
Following best practices for safely handling materials, we are placing the contents of our book drops on quarantine for 7 days before handling them and checking them in. This means your items will not be checked in right away. Don’t worry – we will have a grace period that will extend due dates to account for the quarantine period.
If you require curbside service, this must be arranged ahead of time and is only available on a limited basis due to staffing and safety constraints.