The Library rents the Rines Auditorium, the Lewis Gallery, and four meeting rooms on our Lower Level for meetings and events. For more information, please view our facilities use agreement and facilities rates & capacities. To make a reservation, send us an email or call 207-871-1700, x721.
Rooms & Maximum Capacity
|Name of Room||Standing||Lecture||Classroom||Boardroom||Banquet|
|Meeting Room 5||40||30||20||20||-|
|Meeting Room 4||30||20||15||16||-|
|Meeting Room 3||30||24||18||16||-|
|Meeting Room 2||20||10||10||10||-|
|Atrium (Main entrance level)||80||40||-||-||40|
** Note: Dependent upon availability of tables. Classroom set-up is not always available.
Rates: Rates are based upon the meeting space, type of group, and hours the space reserved. The full hourly rate is charged for portions of hours that the room is used.
(Up to 4 Hours)
|$200 for 4 hours||$300 for 4 hours||add $25/hour/room|
|Rines Auditorium Full-day||$400 for 8 hours plus $50 for each additional hour||$600 for 8 hours plus $75 for each additional hour||add $25/hour/room|
|Room 5||$35/Hour||$55/Hour||add $25/hour/room|
|Rooms 1-4||$25/Hour||$40/Hour||add $25/hour/room|
|Lewis Gallery||Call for rate||Call for rate||add $25/hour/room|
|Atrium (after 8pm only)||Call for rate||Call for rate||add $25/hour/room|
The Fine Print:
- Meeting rooms are available hourly during library open hours; Rines Auditorium and Lewis Gallery are available for 4-hour minimum.
- After-hours rates require security surcharge of $25/hour After-hours access is available upon approval by Security Staff.
- A/V set up for LCD Projector is $25/hour if Portland Public Library staff needs to stay to assist.
- PPL has oblong tables. Groups may rent other size tables from event vendors. Table delivery and pick-up must be coordinated with our Facilities staff prior to the date of the event. The Library is not responsible for set-up or take-down of equipment rented from offsite vendors or caterers.
- Alcohol (Beer/Wine/Champagne) is allowed as long as served by an approved caterer with the proper insurance and licenses.
- No private parties (i.e. wedding receptions, birthday parties, etc. will be allowed).