Perhaps you write in a journal daily, or weekly, or when something life-changing happens- or- you’ve thought about writing, but are looking for some traction to get started…
Below are some resources to support your writing efforts. Many write to preserve the present for future readers, to pass along to later generations, or even just to re-read one’s journeys later on.
Journaling amidst the Covid Pandemic:
- Write It Down, from the University of Virginia
- Why You Should Keep a Pandemic Journal
- Journaling About the Coronavirus Pandemic of 2020, from the Genealogy Reporter
Journaling, in general, and getting started:
- Journal writing prompts, from Creative Writing Now
- Reflective Journal Writing Prompts, from Janine Ripper
- Journal Writing Prompts to Inspire, from Wildflowers and Wanderlust
About the Craft of Writing
- Welcome to the Typosphere, for those who love to write by typewriter!
- The Pencil Revolution, inspiring people to write in pencil!
- An Inkophile’s Blog, to remind us of the time-honored fountain pen aesthetic in journaling and letter-writing. Fountain pens are very popular among the PPL’s Journaling in the Library group!
- The Well-Appointed Desk, to add some encouragement for your improvised work-spaces