Employment at PPL
At this time, we have two (2) current openings. Please see below for the Inclusive Internship Initiative Program Intern (teen) and the Development and General Administrative Assistant position.
Portland Public Library and PLA Inclusive Internship Initiative Program
Portland Public Library (PPL) is honored to have been selected by the Public Library Association (PLA), a branch of the American Library Association, to host a special paid teen internship opportunity through summer 2017.
Complete information about this internship can be found on our website.
Please fully read the qualifications and expectations of the position before submitting your application and permission slip to email@example.com or by mail to Director of Human Resources, Portland Public Library, 5 Monument Square, Portland, ME 04101 by Friday, May 26, 2017.
Development and General Administrative Assistant
Portland Public Library is seeking a Development and General Administrative Assistant to provide administrative support to the Director of Development, Director of Finance and Director of Human Resources. Reporting to the Director of Development, this position is an 18.75-hour/week position with benefits.
- Assist the Development office with daily gift entry for donations to PPL
- Daily acknowledgement letter generation
- Maintain accurate data in the donor database
- Use established queries to run periodic constituent/gift reports, generate mailing lists and year-end reporting
- Work with Development Director on coding and reporting needs
- Assist with managing conference room reservations by phone and email
- Assist in organizing timelines and details for donor and fundraising-related events
- Assist periodically at donor events (signing in guests, preparing nametags, etc.)
- Support Human Resources including the intake and processing of applications and resumes
- Support the Finance office including bookkeeping
- Serve as back up for other administrative staff members
- Other tasks as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, or any equivalent combination of experience, training and education
- Experience with CRM’s, specifically Blackbaud’s Raisers Edge strongly preferred
- Experience with data management, coding, and reporting
- High comfort level with technology
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 (including the ability to merge large mailings) and Sharepoint
- Ability to focus and multi-task in busy office setting
- Must be an effective communicator, verbal and written
- Ability to use discretion in handling confidential information
- Excellent customer service skills
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Director of Human Resources, Portland Public Library, 5 Monument Square, Portland, ME 04101 by Monday, May 15, 2017.
Portland, Maine is consistently ranked among the best places to live in the U.S.
Some recent accolades:
- Elle Decor (2015): The Coziest City in America
- Green Living Magazine (2014): #1 Happiest City in the Eastern US
- Huffington Post (2014): One of the 13 Greatest Destination Food Towns
- Outside Magazine (2014): #13 Greatest Place to Live in America
- Smarter Travel (2014): One of America’s Best Small Cities on the Rise
- Wine Enthusiast (2014): One of America’s 5 New Foodie Cities
- Parenting Magazine (2012), Best Cities for Families
- Forbes Magazine (2011), Best Cities for Young Professionals
- GQ Magazine (2010), Coolest Cities in America
- Outside Magazine (2010), Best Towns 2010 (Best Overall, East)
To learn more about Portland: