2023 Reading Challenge
24 books in 12 months: will you accept the challenge?
Join Portland Public Library community members in completing the 2023 Reading Challenge!
How It Works
Join the Community
Do you want reading recommendations and chances to win prizes?
Connect with other readers in the PPL Reading Challenge Facebook group. Find book recommendations, talk to other readers, and share your challenge successes!
Stuck On a Category?
Library staff will create lists of books for many categories throughout the year. Keep checking this page for updates!
- Category 1: A book about a city
- Category 5: A book with someone’s name in the title
- Category 7: A book with flowers or trees on the cover
- Category 10: A book by a Central American author
- Category 12: A book that’s 150 pages or shorter
- Category 15: A book about a teacher
- Category 19: A 2023 debut novel
- Category 20: A book with six or more words in the title
You can also contact us directly for inspiration: