Welcome to PPL Public Computing! We are happy to see you!
We are currently admitting 8 people at a time for 45-minute computer sessions at the Main Library only.
At this time, we are not making appointments. This is a first come, first served process. Standard printing, faxing, and photocopying services are all available.
For the safety of our staff and the community, we require face masks and social distancing at all times.
Special hours for PPL Public Computing are:
Mon – Fri, 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Because of the social distancing requirements we have in place to protect the community and staff from COVID-19, we are not able to give any technical assistance on the computers.
We expect to continue this PPL Public Computing service until the Library re-opens.
Entering the Library
Together we can keep all Library staff and patrons safe and healthy. Here is what you can expect when you visit the Library. We look forward to welcoming you.
Participate in health screening questions
When you arrive, we will ask you to confirm your health. You may not enter the Library if you have any of the following symptoms:
- Fever over 100 degrees Fahrenheit
- Cough or shortness of breath
- Vomiting or diarrhea
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of sense of smell or taste
- Have traveled out of state to a non-exempt location (exempt are: NH, VT)
Wear a mask
Masks are required inside the library at all times. If you don’t have a mask, the staff at the door can give you one. Face coverings must cover nose and mouth at all times.
Have your library card or photo ID ready for computer access
The staff at the door will check you in for a computer session using your library card or photo ID. Please have it ready to show when you arrive. If you don’t have a PPL card or ID, staff will ask for other identification to make a computer guest pass for the single session.
Wash your hands
Use the hand sanitizer at the entry and inside the computing area. Remember: do not touch your face.
Stay 6 feet away
Our sessions are scheduled so you will have more than 6 feet of space around you. Be sure to keep at least 6 feet away from staff and other visitors at all times.
Be patient – there may be a wait
Capacity is limited at this time to meet physical distancing requirements. We ask you to wait outside the library until there is an open computer.
PPL Printing To Go
We also have an email-to-print option through our PPL Printing To Go service.
How it Works
- Pickup at the Downtown Location only.
- Send the file you would like printed to this email address with the subject PRINT: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Staff will respond in a separate email to confirm that your file is compatible and to let you know when it will be available for pickup.
- Come to the Congress Street entrance of the downtown library between 11:00 am – 4:00 pm, give us your name and email address, and retrieve your project. You do not need an appointment for this.
- Please limit your request to one print job per day, up to 10 single sided pages.
- There is currently no fee for this printing service.
Call the Reference Desk at 207-871-1700 extension 725 for more information.